Statement of Purpose
The Performing Arts Committee (PAC) is appointed by the board to create and manage performance activities and initiatives to:
- provide performance opportunities and events for artists and community members, including advising the Executive Director on the ASK Presents series; and
- promote The Arts Society of Kingston’s mission, vision, and values.
Committee Composition and Meetings
The Committee will be comprised of no less than five members. The Committee shall meet once a month. Each meeting shall be held on the 1st Tuesday of each month, unless otherwise scheduled.
Leadership and Participation
All members are required to fully participate in the work of the Committee. Every member is expected to be willing to coordinate at least one event each year and participate in each yearly planning session. All members are required to attend each monthly scheduled meeting. In the event that a member cannot attend the meeting, the member is to email committee members prior to the meeting.
Committee Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify the needs of the community and its members as it relates to performances and performing opportunities.
- Review submissions for ASK Presents, workshops and events from members.
- Promote performances through seeking sponsorships and advertising
- Decide on a yearly schedule for ASK Presents and individual workshops and/or performance events.