Statement of Purpose
The Education Committee is appointed by the board to create and manage educational activities and initiatives to:
1. provide educational opportunities for artists and community members; and
2. promote The Arts Society of Kingston’s mission, vision, and values.
Committee Composition and Meetings
The Committee will be comprised of no less than five (5) members. The Committee shall meet once a month. Each meeting shall be held on the 1st (decide on day) of each month, unless otherwise scheduled.
Participation and Attendance
All members are required to fully participate in the work of the Committee. Every member is expected to be willing to coordinate at least one event each year and participate in each yearly planning session. All members are required to attend each monthly scheduled meeting. In the event that a member cannot attend the meeting, the member is to email committee members prior to the meeting.
Committee Responsibilities and Duties
1. Identify the educational needs of the community and its members.
2. Review submissions for workshops and classes from members.
3. Decide on a yearly schedule for ongoing classes and individual workshops and/or events.