The Arts Society of Kingston proudly introduces our new Great Room for the Arts to our members and to the community at large. In keeping with the history of 97 Broadway as the social center for three synagogues, and later as a city-owned community center, ASK has designed the Great Room to accommodate many types of arts related performances, as well as community and public events. The Great Room will certainly be used for theater, music performances, and spoken word events, but also for public meetings, receptions, private parties and celebrations, and even weddings and catered events. The key word is flexibility, and we foresee a wide range of uses for this space.
To that end, the ASK Board has created a simple rental schedule that will accommodate a wide range of events at modest cost. We hope to receive many inquiries for the use of our space from our membership and from the wider community. Please note that a discount for the use of our spaces is one significant benefit of membership in ASK. Please join us today, and contact us to schedule an event!
1. All events will be supervised by an ASK-designated Events Coordinator.
2. Base fees include use of sound system and / or projector, which shall be operated by the ASK Events Coordinator. Events Coordinator will also collect entrance fees or tickets if requested.
3. Additional charge per hour for any time an event exceeds the maximum duration: $50.
4. To qualify for the member fee, at least two of the sponsoring persons must be ASK members.
5. Further details of the rental arrangements will be specified in a written contract between ASK and the sponsoring group or individuals.